How to Use a Headless CMS to Improve Audience Reach
Learn how to take advantage of your headless CMS and reach wider audiences
Are you still using an old-fashioned Web CMS for eCommerce and content management? It might be time to consider an upgrade, otherwise, your audience reach can slowly, but surely begin to decrease. Due to business objectives and the demand for personalized content, headless CMS architecture makes a big appearance in the digital environment.
With the arrival of web 3.0, headless CMS has become more than just a new buzzword in a digital environment. In fact, it goes further than decoupled CMS as we've dissected in this headless eCommerce and headless CMS guide. It's the highway to personalized content through multiple channels by approaching a better user experience on all fronts: content creation, personalization, functionality iterations, analytics, among others.
A clear content strategy to leverage Headless CMS
“Content is king” has reigned supreme on the internet for a while now. Headless CMS fills the need for content to be delivered through various channels and devices like a hand in a glove. Headless allows the creation of an integrated platform, which means a CMS that centralizes all of your content and delivers it through APIs. First, and even before you start populating your site and achieving audience-related goals, it’s important for you to start with a clear content strategy.
With this in mind, it's crucial for you to start asking yourself some guiding questions:
- Who are your audiences?
- What is their customer journey and what type of information are they looking for through it?
- What are the channels that are being used by your users and what kind of content are they looking for?
- Is your content being optimized to reach your SEO goals?
- Are you delivering the desired UX throughout all platforms and devices?
- What KPIs do you want to measure and what decisions are you willing to make based on data?
- What type of content do you want to deliver and across which channels?
Some of the answers to these questions may arrive as you go along. Once they're defined, the next big step is to create a content strategy so that you can take full advantage of your Headless CMS and move your business to the next level.
What is a content strategy?
A content strategy is in charge of keeping a record of the content used and spread throughout a digital product. It describes each of its parts and establishes logical relationships between them. Content strategies become crucial when planning content, as they help shape the way we think, create and reproduce each piece of content from simple to the most complex details. This applies to all cases, whether you are building a website from scratch or restructuring an existing one.
What does a content strategy have?
What elements should be included in an optimal content strategy.
It's the highway to personalized content through multiple channels by approaching a better user experience on all fronts.
The 1, 2, 3 of a content strategy
Now that we’ve approached the meaning and composition of a content strategy, how is it done and how do we approach these steps:
- Determine what kind of content you need, and what your users engage better with.
- Decide the navigation route for that content and how it should be structured in Expresia.
- Develop the required content types.
Now, how do I apply my content strategy to a headless CMS?
Once you've defined a content strategy, your headless CMS is the best tool to manage it. Now, you'll be able to start saving time as you won't need to manually replicate as much of your content across platforms and communication channels, the headless CMS does it for you.. When moving to a headless CMS you'll have to adopt a new approach around how you think of content and where you want to deliver it.
A Headless CMS can populate content on mobile apps, websites, and pretty much any other communication funnel you can think of. It is the only content management tool you'll ever need, all from a single layer. A clear path for content improves brand recognition, achieves brand awareness, and expands the audience reach by reusing content strategically. The most important step here is to organize and restructure your content in as many ways as you want to guarantee an easier reuse and an extension of its lifespan.
Extend your audience reach
Content is king, but data is key. With all of the information out there, the game, in essence, is about the content that your users find useful and relevant, that's why personalization is critical. What kind of things are relevant for your user? How are you conquering the user interests and needs?
When you start putting content out there, that's where the whole audience reach game starts. This is the moment when the tools to extend the content impact become something huge. Although, simply posting isn't enough. There is a ton of information everywhere, every day, and it might be a rough path to hold the interest of your users. But, how does a headless CMS improve audience reach?
Headless CMS is the orchestrator of content delivery through a growing number of channels. Let's put it this way: If you create any piece of content, bring to your mind the material you'd like to put out there.
You create the content with a few keywords included which allows you to reach a wider audience, however you need a tool that actually delivers it. What a headless CMS does is that it adds fragments of the content on the homepage of your business. It then categorizes that content and sends a short description to social media as well as your app users via notification. Users can now access the information on whichever platform(s) chosen for that content to be delivered.
That's why your audience reach expands and becomes larger. a headless CMS guarantees you can deliver your content through multiple platforms which improves the chances it reaches more people.
Create with Expresia and improve your audience reach
Once you’ve understood how content is managed through a CMS, Expresia takes flexibility further and allows you to unleash a full omnichannel digital experience, bringing you a wide range of benefits, that includes:
- Improve Customer Experience (CX): Daily, customers deal with plenty of touchpoints before making any purchasing decisions. Their experience across all of these should be seamless. They want the information and content to be displayed the same no matter what device or platform they're currently using. After all, you are a single brand with a unified voice. A headless CMS is a great ally when it comes to delivering that kind of flawless experience by replacing siloed, manually-managed content. This means your team will be able to assemble faster content changes across channels, overcoming replications, updates and approval challenges.
- Omnichannel: Headless CMS performs as a content repository with the ability to provide content on any device or channel. Brand steadiness can be reached across channels and meet the customers on all devices, offering them an omnichannel customer experience.
- Shorter time to market: Create, manage and edit content in one place. Reuse modular content bricks, experiment with multiple combinations and improve the user experience while cutting the development time.
- Keep your content relevant: Increase the value of content for wider distribution. Content that previously has been isolated and kept as a secret now can break boundaries and reach new territories through internal and external channels. Now, companies can make the best out of all of the hard work they’ve put into creating the content. The quick content delivery capability will keep your content relevant.
- Content reuse: With a headless CMS content creators can reuse items of content to create reusable templates. Manage your content and deliver it on whatever channel you may need.
Expresia’s Content Playlists are going to be your new favorite tool. Content Playlists allow you to customize, manage and deliver content pieces on as many channels as you want, reusing them wherever you need. Thus, making content organization easier by breaking it into manageable groups that you can call in multiple places, channels and variations.
Dare to create amazing content and improve your audience reach with Expresia.