October 18, 2022
How a DXP helps distributors win at eCommerce
Learn how to provide a whole new, innovative and user-friendly experience to help distributors meet their business goals
Have you taken into consideration the digital operations of your commerce lately? Distributors, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, marketers, and all organizations with model transactions–whether they are B2B or B2C– expect their eCommerce platform to grow along with their business and overcome the ever-changing challenges the industry faces every day.
Although the eCommerce landscape is evolving constantly, it’s no secret the pandemic has increased the speed of digital transformation and a breaking tipping point has arrived. According to McKinsey, “at the organizations that experimented with new digital technologies during the crisis, and among those that invested more capital expenditures in digital technology than their peers did, executives are twice as likely to report outsize revenue growth than executives at other companies”, which means greater opportunities for business growth but it also means being left behind if you don’t digitalize on time.
Distributors and manufacturers are no longer doing business the same way they used to either. Distributors–the interaction point for manufacturer's clients– need to achieve a new efficient, personalized approach. But how? Well, a Digital Experience Platform (DXP). A DXP allows for high personalization, providing a whole new, innovative and user-friendly experience that helps distributors meet their business goals.
A DXP provides distributors:
- Overall eCommerce data
- Control of their inventory
- Ability to plug into their existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- An extended understanding and management of their relationship between inventory, eCommerce and sales
- Live tracking of the money flow in real-time with arguments based on data
There is no linear buying tendency in digital channels and eCommerce will only continue to grow. The omnichannel approach a DXP provides will guarantee the increasing success of your business and the ability to achieve a higher ROI. Besides, with more data to make wiser decisions and a platform that will grow with you, there won't be the need to re-platform when it's time to move to a bigger market or expand your offering, increasing not only the engagement with your customers but also conversion.
How do DXPs take eCommerce experiences to the next level?
How exactly can a DXP improve eCommerce and deliver better digital experiences to users, especially in a hypercompetitive environment?
Currently, cheaper prices or faster deliveries are no longer enough. Customers want a more personalized experience on all the devices they use to interact with your business, so at a certain point, the added value goes further than the product and involves the whole customer journey. This means you must ensure all of the touchpoints throughout the whole shopping process, from the first moment they interact with the product until it’s in their hands, it should feel personalized and talk directly to their needs.
A powerful DXP delivers the right tools for you to embrace eCommerce successfully and provide your customers with a top-notch, friendly and smooth digital experience.
DXP’s eCommerce features
- Flexibility: Easily integrate with third parties to build a unique 360º customer experience with an API-driven architecture. Incorporate several payment getaways, your business ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or PIM (Product Information Manager) systems, or any other software you might have in your eCommerce stack. Reach true flexibility by easily integrating all kinds of libraries and adapting a DXP to your needs, not the other way around.
- Content management tools: With a built-in CMS, a DXP for eCommerce allows you to create and deliver content with ease around your products and brand on multiple touchpoints. Without the need to involve the IT department, marketers and content creators can manage the information on your website. In one integrated system, content and eCommerce work together to potentiate your sales and keep moving articles, landing pages, or any experience across the web.
- Effortlessly customizable: Editable built-in templates and workflows can be fully customized with ease, along with the software stack. Fulfill your team's needs and prioritize them according to their daily assignments with a technology that perfectly fits them.
- Personalization: Cater to the specific needs of your customers and create quicker reactions that fit the business's opportunities. Give your users something new to look at every time they scroll through your eCommerce. Access the data you need to adapt the experience to the user preferences and tailor your customers' journeys.
- Data management: Take data-informed business decisions by accessing your business analytics and the performance of your site. A digital experience platform for eCommerce will gather information for you, based on the user's transactions and insights into the digital customer journey. Get a wider view of the products you're selling and understand which ones are performing better. Based on analytics, plan your next campaigns or retarget audiences.
- Omnichannel: Streamline your content on as many touch points as you want. Put your efforts and focus into the channels your public has better interaction with. Build a strong brand across them and deliver a unified digital experience.
- Segmentation: With a Digital Experience Platform, create any kind of segment you can think of, such as customers who looked at a particular product or category, people at a certain age, or even redirected customers from other sites. Improve the quality of your messaging and make it relevant to your audience and thoroughly segmented customers. Re-engage clients or build loyal buyers. Target specifically the public you aim for and reduce efforts.
- Localization: With a DXP you can create local experiences by managing your catalogs and targeting local audiences or connecting to local providers. Customize the digital customer journey according to the user's localization to guarantee a fully personalized experience that targets their needs and delivers products for those needs.
- One platform to do it all: An eCommerce with a DXP at its core is growing out of the traditional limitations. It allows you to control every single part of it, track your efforts, deliver content, update your products, and manage your whole business in one place while it continues growing along with you. Forget about re-platforming with a DXP for eCommerce.
You must ensure all of the touchpoints throughout the whole shopping process. It should feel personalized and talk directly to their needs.
What is headless architecture?
Headless architecture appeared as the answer to companies' need to create an easy-to-use, personalized and instinctual ecosystem. The intersection of a platform's front-end and back-end, where the content and functional layers diverge, is known as headless architecture. Based on the unique requirements of the front-end channels, headless architecture encodes the business logic in APIs that are driven by the back-end. Without compromising performance it meets the customer demands by easily updating the user experience on digital assets.
What does headless architecture do for eCommerce?
There are plenty of benefits a headless architecture can bring to an eCommerce, but you don’t have to take our word for it. Take a look at this or try it for yourself.
- Custom experiences for customers on as many digital devices as you can imagine are possible due to headless architecture. It allows you to update the customer experience journey on the front-end while maintaining the core activities at the back-end. Headless architecture allows the swift integration of end devices so you can effectively react to new market trends.
- Through API technology, headless eCommerce overcomes traditional limitations. You’re now able to explore your wildest ideas without worrying about the technology and its capacity to pivot as fast as your business needs it.
- Marketing processes are simplified since Headless eCommerce guarantees you can make edits without actually affecting the back-end. This results in a more effective workflow for agencies, or for your marketing team.
- A headless architecture is a system that grows with you and adapts to the needs and challenges your business faces on a daily basis. Future-proof your digital assets and forget about re-platforming as your business grows.
If you want to know more about headless architecture, we’ve dissected the anatomy of headless eCommerce and headless CMS for you.
Deliver smooth eCommerce experiences with Expresia
With the change in human habits, comes the challenge of addressing those needs with top-notch technology. Customers' habits have taken huge steps towards digitalization and every day brands and companies have the challenge to level up and deliver better experiences for their customers. Expresia's Digital Experience Platform (DXP) gives you and your business the tools you need to face those challenges with the cutting-edge eCommerce technology that will ensure your brand competes.
Deliver a great customer experience from the very first interaction point all the way to the checkout. Our DXP easily integrates with your company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System so you’re able to organize and create all the essential eCommerce data in one location, coordinating your backend data without repeating data entry on the front end. In eCommerce an ERP system is in charge of controlling the sales process and how it's sold across channels, which means that it is in permanent contact with the Product Information Management (PIM) System and keeps the information related to the pricing, inventory amounts, location of the product and the stockroom.
Implementing a PIM system into an eCommerce allows you to automate and organize your product-related data, especially when you own a wide catalog that it's classified into different groups and updated frequently. DXPs with elegant integrations, such as Expresia, are capable of integrating in no time with your own ERPs and PIM systems, taking off your shoulder the tedious process of re-platforming.
Expresia works as an orchestrator and administrative layer of eCommerce. As a powerful DXP built for flexibility, it gives you the freedom to separate content from its front-end rendering to achieve a fully omnichannel digital customer experience, as we did for FromTo. This eCommerce is an API-driven headless platform where providers are in the capacity of managing a wide range of products, inventories, warehouses, and logistics. It’s also integrated with business process management software (ERP, WMS, etc.) and providers to deliver a smooth digital shopping experience.
Expresia’s built-in headless CMS makes the marketers' workflow more efficient by offering users friendly options for creating, editing, previewing, and publishing content to the desired channels. Handle a product’s life cycle or store, manage and retrieve valuable information for your eCommerce, all in one place.
Wondering if Expresia is the right fit for you? Expresia’s extensive, elegant REST APIs allowed Colnago to easily integrate with other third parties giving them the flexibility to pivot as fast as the business needs did. With Expresia, Colnago truly pushed the limits of the creative and technical goals.
Contact us to learn more about Expresia and discover the eCommerce opportunities we have to offer.
Book a demo
In as little as 30 minutes, discover how to future-proof your business.